Friday, April 27, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
One question that I have been getting asked a lot is how can I miss out on all of the good foods when I go to an event or go out to eat with my family. Well, I don't miss out on anything. One thing that I found out before I started doing IF Fasting is that our Leptin level recognizes that we are trying to lose weight so it adjusts which causes the body to stop losing weight. That is one reason why lots of people who drop weight but then hit a plateau and don't go down in weight anymore. That is because their body has adjusted to the calories that they are now eating. I know this may sound crazy but one day out of the week that I chose for my cheat day is Saturday. From the time I wake up until noon I fast and then I eat whatever I want until 9:00pm. My menu for this past Saturday consisted of coffee with hazelnut flavoring and a coffee roll. In the afternoon, I and my family went to a Columbian Restaurant where I ate this:
This was grilled skirt steak, corn cake with cheese, lettuce, French fries and rotisserie chicken that my daughter did not finish. Later for dessert I had crumb cake. This type of eating has helped me was my IF Fasting. In fact, a couple of hours before I took my transformation picture for the AMF (Athletic Muscle Formula) program I ate a Philadelphia cheese steak with French Fries. Does it look like I am missing out on anything with these pictures???
So, cheat day is very important and you will be a happier person and so will your family. You can go out and enjoy a party or local dinner with no worries about hurting your training. You will make better gains because of this process since your body won’t have a chance to adjust to the changing of calorie intake. Just remember that this is only for one day. You eat good for 6 days out of the week and then have your cheat day.
I have been asked a lot of questions regarding the AMF program I use that help change the way I look. This program does not use anything fancy so all you need are dumbbells, a barbell and body weight exercises. These workouts can be done in any local gym. Click on the link to the right of my page that says “28 Day Muscle” to see the program that transformed me.
Saturday, April 7, 2012
I have been asked a lot about the AMF program that I used to help change how I look. This program does not use anything fancy all you need are barbells, dumbbells and body weight exercises. These workout can be done in any local gym. Click on the link to the right of my page that says 28 Day Muscle.To see the program that changed me.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
These are the 11 things that I did that helped me transform during the 28 day AMF program.
1. Having used Travis Stoetzel programs before I believed in him and I knew the program would work. I did not jump from program to program.
2. I did 100% IF Fasting during the entire program.
3. I took Branched Chained Amino Acids before and after every workout. I believe this helped me keep as much muscle as possible while fasting.
4. I did lots of foam rolling and myofascial work. This helped me reduce soreness and prevent injuries. This was a big plus added to my training.
5. Sweet potato was my number one carbohydrate every night except on my cheat day.
6. I had to force myself to take a cheat day so my leptin levels would go back to normal. I needed to shock it back at the beginning of the week.
7. Instead of jumping up big weight numbers every workout I went up slowly in order to prevent injury.
8. Take extra days off. I had to realize that I do not have the recovery of a younger guy so I would take extra days off if I needed during the week. I never work out on the weekend to recover and to spend time with my family.
9. Working out to get results is a war but you must look at the workout as a battle which will help you win the war. A war is not won in a day but won over time. This same principle applies to working out.
10. I made sure I had the biggest meal post workout with as much protein as possible.
11. Be motivated. I wanted to prove to all the people that have doubted me and told me that I could not do this or that I do not have the genetics to do this……and I have.