Saturday, September 10, 2011

The All-Pro Diet Review

Last year I decided that I wanted to be the healthiest I could be. I have a yearly check up and always do well but I wanted to be in peak health. I read the china study and it's about eating an  all plant based diet and I found out about Tony Gonzalez and Jon Hinds. I started talking to Jon Hinds and eventually met him in October. I went right into the vegan diet after reading it in June. I was on it for the summer going into October the only problem I had was that I was having to many bathroom trips from all the fiber and it was getting harder to do when I would go to parties or somewhere with my family. I could do it if I lived at home by myself with no social life not everyone in the world eats healthy.So enter the All-Pro diet  I thought it was just another book on becoming a vegan as Tony Gonzalez was talking about his diet. What a surprise it was when it said that Tony still ate more plant based food but also consumed more meat to help keep his strength up and he felt better than having an all plant based diet. Another thing was that it did not require for you to eat massive amounts of protein.There is also a recipe section so you can make some very tasty food.There is also a chapter that will help you to adjust your protein levels so you will not how much you need. After reading the book I decided to try some of the principles form the book and see what worked best for me. I eat protein but I do not eat massive amounts of it like I used to. I have not felt weaker from it. The things that I have eliminated are fruit, and almost dairy and  grains 100 percent.A typical day for me is like this.
1. Large Coffee with some hazel nut flavor
2. 3egg whites with spinach and Tomatoes on a whole wheat wrap (only time I eat a grain)
3.Fish or Chicken with tons of vegetables and water
4. 2 organic food bars before a workout
5. This is where I eat the most protein after I workout  Chicken or fish with a large serving of vegetables
Notes I drink lots of water I don't drink and diet drinks only if we go out to eat at a restaurant and I have only one diet coke no more. Depending on my hours of work I don't always eat the 2 organic food bars if I workout early I have either a Sun Warrior shake or All-pro Science shake with a smaller meal for dinner. I eat when hungry but I never stuff myself.
The All-Pro diet is a very good book I highly recommend anyone to read it if you are a mom or athlete or older person just wanting to have better health. I rather pay for good fresh food than to have to pay doctor bill or to pay for medication. You can purchase the book by going to the all-pro science link on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment